Erica Appel firstname.lastname@example.org
Erica Appel represents beneficiaries and fiduciaries in high-stakes estate, trust and guardianship disputes. These representations can include litigating undue influence claims, will and trust contests, inheritance disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, trust construction and modification actions, or similar probate and trust matters, from the early stages of negotiation and mediation through trial and appeal.
Erica received her Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, where she graduated Cum Laude and with Pro Bono Honors for providing over 300 hours of public service in the Broward community. While in law school, Erica had the honor to serve as a judicial intern for the Honorable Senior Judge James I. Cohn of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. During law school, Erica received Dean’s List honors for five semesters, the CALI Book Award in UCC Sales, and was on Law Review.
Prior to law school, Erica earned her undergraduate degree from Florida State University where she obtained her degree in Criminology and graduated Cum Laude.
Erica lives in Boca Raton with her husband and their dog, Whiskey.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, 2019, Cum Laude
- Florida State University, B.S. (Criminology), 2016, Cum Laude
Admitted to Practice
- State of Florida, 2020
General Areas of Practice
- Probate, Trust and Guardianship Litigation and Administration
- Will and Trust Contests
- Undue Influence Claims
- Surcharge and Removal Actions
- Compensation Disputes
- Will and Trust Construction Actions
- Modification, Revocation and Termination Actions
- Accounting Actions and Distribution Disputes
- Incapacity Proceedings and Guardianship Appointments
- Restoration of Capacity Proceedings
- Ad Litem Appointments
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar